When deciding which university to attend for the next four years, it is so valuable to look at the educational college you’re considering, if possible. I remember visiting numerous schools throughout the springtime of my senior year and trying to imagine myself as a student for each campus. Just What would we eat at the dining hallway? Where would my classes be located? Whom would my classmates, roommates, and friends be? That I could truly see myself doing all of those things and more and still be myself for me, it finally clicked when I found a campus. I encourage all of our admitted students to take advantageous asset of our admitted student programs throughout this next month to try to envision what your USC experience might be like.
Even though the National Candidate Reply Date is not until might 1, we have students asking, ‘Where do I sign the dotted line to attend USC?’ If (and hopefully when) you choose to come to USC, listed here is an outline of this next steps to becoming a full-fledged Trojan:
- Submit your Enrollment Commitment form and $300 deposit online at USConnect.usc.edu.
- Apply for educational funding, in the event that you have not already. Visit the Financial Aid section of our internet site for more information about how exactly to apply for school funding.
- Submit your Housing application by might 1! Housing assignments are made based on the date you presented your application, thus there is a better chance to getting the kind of housing you want the earlier you apply. Even if you are perhaps not 100% sure you are coming to USC next year, it is possible to submit the housing application and $45 fee to put on your spot in line.
- Register to attend Orientation over the summer. Orientation is a chance that is great spend some time on campus learning about the resources, facilities, and possibilities you will have access to as an undergraduate. You’ll meet other admitted students and you can expect to additionally sign up for courses with a scholastic advisor. You will be in a position to sign up for an Orientation program 5 7 company days after you distribute your commitment deposit.
- Send in your last high school transcript and AP/IB exam results. USC awards university credit for most AP examinations with a rating of 4 or 5. USC also grants credit for every single score of 5, 6 or 7 on the IB high rate exams. Browse our Office of Articulation website to see exactly which type of credit USC grants for the various AP and IB exams.
For those who have concerns which are not covered in your admission packet or on our internet site or blog, please contact your admission counselor. We are happy to help reply to your questions and can’t wait to welcome you to USC!
USC: A Global Experience
USC prides itself on being a ‘Global University,’ but what precisely does that mean?
For starters, we’ve more international students than any institution that is private the country (15% in last year’s freshman course!). We think that having students from different countries around the world contributes to a learning that is positive by permitting for various viewpoints and views to be highlighted in the class.
Certain courses themselves are even created around providing pupils with the chance to connect to pupils from other countries. A top Mexican university, as well as hear lectures by Mexican scholars via special videoconferencing software for example, Professor Pamela Starr in the Dornsife College teaches a class casinopokies777.com called International Relations 366: Mexico and its Relations with the U.S. In this course, USC students work collaboratively (via Skype) with students from ITAM.
USC additionally ranks sixth within the nation for sending pupils abroad. You can expect 54 programs in 29 countries, on every continent except Antarctica (maybe someday!) Students can go abroad for a entire year for a complete immersion, or just for a semester. If you don’t wish to stay away from USC for too much time, we also offer many summer programs. For example, freshmen in the Marshall School of Business are able to fulfill leaders in worldwide business by traveling abroad for a program that is 10-daypast destinations have included Shanghai, Beijing, Taiwan, and Argentina) through the LINC Program, and Dornsife students can enhance their Spanish language abilities by investing a summer living with a bunch family and taking courses in Madrid, Spain. For more information about abroad programs, please visit our Office of Overseas Studies website.
Students can also do research abroad through programs such as for instance Problems Without Passports. Problems Without Passports provides students using the possibility to combine inquiry-based research with international travel. For the couple of weeks, students will remain on-campus and investigate an issue that is worldwide in scope. They then travel to the certain area they are researching, letting them round out their learning with hands-on finding. This summer, dilemmas Without Passports programs are to be had in Rwanda, Brazil, and Cairo, in order to name a couple of!
In addition to study abroad opportunities, Trojans can feel connected around the world with our 20 alumni workplaces overseas. Lately, we have exposed an office in Sao Paolo, Brazil, where we now have already started to increase our collaboration with Brazilian researchers. With over 300,000 living alumni worldwide, USC will only carry on to expand its global presence.
As we become an increasingly globalized society, it really is imperative that our students are exposed to various countries, in addition to having the opportunity to experience those cultures first-hand. We may be called the University of Southern California, but our company is certainly a place that is global!